The Open Government, the Analytical Center for the Government of the Russian Federation, the Ministry of Economic Development and the Ministry of Communications and Mass Media of Russia announce the National Contest "Open Data in Russia".
The Contest will help realize the social and economic potential of open state and municipal data, promote free and effective cooperation between owners and consumers of open data and involvement of everyone who is interested in the processes of creation and use of innovative products and services that utilize open data. The practical outcomes of the contest will be innovative, socially significant client-oriented applications and services based on open data, with well-thought-out business models and growth strategies.
The results of the contest will be tallied up and winners will get their awards at the First Russian National Summit Open Data 2015 that will be held in December 2015.
Students from Russian universities, representatives of IT companies, independent software developers, analysts, designers and anyone who is interested in trying their hand at developing new socially significant products are invited to take part in the contest. A free online course on open data will be launched at the same time as the contest is announced. Teams participating in the contest will get help from mentors, IT professionals and analysts, business angels, venture capital investors, representatives of federal and regional executive authorities.
The qualification stage of the contest will be held as simultaneous hackathons in Russian regions. Teams that win in the qualification stage will each be given a month to turn their projects into fully-fledged products under the guidance of mentors. Once the products are completed, they will be presented to the contest’s panel during the finals in Moscow.
· Best Social Application or Service: a group of nominations where awards will be offered for original solutions to socially important problems;
· Best Business Application or Service: a group of nominations where awards will be offered for efficiency and originality of the business model.
· Best Technical Solution: a group of nominations where awards will be offered for originality and technical quality of the solution;
Applications to take part in the contest are to be submitted through a digital registration form that will become available on September 1 through the official website of the Open Data in Russia National Contest.
Timeframe of the contest:
· Applications for the contest will be accepted until 15:00 hours Moscow time October 10
· Qualification stage (hackathons): October 10-11
· Applications for the finals will be accepted until 18:00 Moscow time, November 30
· Technical assessment of the projects: December 1-2
· The finals (project presentations): December 3-4
· Selection of the winners by the panel: December 7-8
· Award ceremony: December 11
If you have any questions about the contest please contact us by email at email@example.com